| Updated: 2017-06-30 16:56:44
If you suffer from hair fall?? Here is one of the postures of yoga you can try. Balayam Yoga is one of the yoga which prevents greying of hair, hair fall and also cures almost all hair related issues like dandruff and scalp infections. This asana is slow but you will see the result in 2 to 3 months time.
The ancient art of Yoga has been practised since 3,000 B.C. Today, yoga is used to gain strength and flexibility, relieve stress and even treat health conditions. There are different postures that facilitate the reduction of extreme stress, indigestion, anxiety and poor blood circulation in the head, all of which cause hair loss. One of the reasons for hair fall is the lack of blood circulation to the hair follicles which is responsible for hair growth.
- Gently fold both your palms inwards and get them closer to each other.
- Rub four fingernails (except thumb) of both hands against each other.
- Now making swift movements, rub the fingernails to each other.
- Roots of hair follicles on the scalp are connected to fingernails; this pressure creation will help in pumping required nutrition to the scalp and promote hair growth.
- If you rub surfaces of only both thumbnails against each other, you can notice faster growth of moustache and beard. (So women should avoid it).
- If you rub the tip of fingernails of one hand against the surface of fingernails of another hand, then it accelerates hair growth on ears. (So women should avoid it).
Duration and Intake of Food:
- At least for 10 minutes (increase time limit if your hair fall is more) in morning, before breakfast and 10 minutes in evening, before dinner.
- Drink plenty of pure water, which can help remove toxins from your body.
- Intake of pulses, vegetables, dairy products which contain iron like bottle gourd (dudhi), spinach (palak).
Don’t try it:
- Balayam may not be effective in types of baldness like Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis, etc.
- People having high blood pressure should avoid balayam.
If hair fall still continues please consult a good dermatologist. Stay tuned with us for our next health article.