Staying fit will help you to extend your life so that you can enjoy more with your loved ones. Some Do’s and Don’ts can make this happen. Here is a list of Healthy Habits which help us to stay fit and enjoy a happy life.
- Get up early – Early to bed and early to rise makes us healthy. Getting up early is the most important among healthy habits. It’s simple, if you get early, you get more done. When you start your day early everything falls into place.
- Daily Walk – Another healthy habits for your healthy lifestyle is Walking. One of the advantages of physical activity in our daily walk. We are full of excuses such as no time, neither want to exercise. No worries, use stairs as often as possible instead of an elevator, talk a walk with your friends, walk your dog a bit longer – use any possibility of physical to be more physically active.
- Breakfast – Your body has been without a meal for 6 to 8 hours and you need healthy food to “break the fast”. Skipping breakfast is not a good idea because your body needs those nutrients in the morning for energy. If you want to lose weight please don’t skip your breakfast. If you skip, you’ll get hungry long before lunch and will start munching on junk foods which are high in fat and sugar, but low in vitamins. It’s been found through research that people who skipped their breakfast are likely to be obese.
- Reduce intake of salt – Consumption of less salt in your food is good for our health. Choose more fresh foods, nuts and berries.
- A glass of Water – You can start your morning by drinking one glass of water. Water helps to clear our system, bring on metabolism rate and flush out the toxins. In a day you must intake 3 litres of water. Water is best to quench your thirst. Skip the sugary drinks, aerated drinks and go easy on the milk and juice. It also helps you to reduce weight. Say no to soda and aerated drinks.
- Chew slowly – Chewing slowly could mean less calories consumed. Fast eaters consume more food compare to slow eaters. When you chew slowly you tend to eat less. Chewing slowly is also a very important healthy habit. Stop eating when you are full.
- Avoid oily food – Reduce your intake of fast food, fries, doughnuts, chips, wedges, and deep-fried food. Not only are they very fattening (1 tablespoon of oil is 120 calories), the deep fried food contains acrylamide, a potentially cancer-causing chemical.
- Enough Sleep – Yes lack of sleep affects your health. It affects you physically and mentally. Hence 7- 8 hours sleep is a must to stay healthy.
- Good dental hygiene – Brush your teeth twice a day, rinse your mouth after each meal, and floss your teeth at night. caring for your teeth and having a healthy mouth reduces your risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney problem, ulcer and many such diseases. Bacteria from your mouth make its way into your bloodstream which increases the chance of heart attack.
- Hang out with healthy people – People you spend the most time with affects your health, so the more time you spend around healthy people, the better it is. Eat with people who are health conscious and get workout buddies. It makes a healthy living even more fun!
If anyone implements these healthy habits on regular basis, they are less prone to illness and will lead a healthy and energetic life.
** Stay tuned for our latest articles on Health & Fitness and live a healthy & happy life.