The purest and most lovable relationship is that between siblings. This relation is decided by God, not by any man. Hence to define this relationship it will be difficult for me. Siblings are different flavors which add taste to our food which is sweet, sour, tangy, spicy and bitter. A relationship between brother and sister, sister to sister, brother to brother varies. We are blessed to have brothers and sisters. Fruits such as love, joy, peace, patience, self-control, long-suffering, gentleness and kindness can be seen in this relation. Small mischievous fights, debates on a particular topic, standing for each other in tough times, sharing secrets with each other are the pearls of a beautiful necklace.
There should be no miscommunication, misunderstanding, doubts, and fight between siblings as their love for each other should supersede all of these things. I am not saying it’s a perfect relationship because not every finger of your palm is the same but when bought together its perfect. Unity is the key to a relationship between siblings to describe in one word. It’s difficult, it’s like a masala bhel which you will not resist to eat which has a touch of forgiveness, let go attitude, time for each other and sacrifice.
There are few Bollywood movies which when seen, they always remind us of our childhood memories with our siblings. Few movies which again and again remind us of sibling love are:
- Boot Polish (1954) – This movie tells us about the relationship of brother and sister when they are separated due to their circumstance. Their hardship and their search for each other make them unite. Ratan Kumar and Baby Naaz played the roles of siblings in this movie.
- Hare Rama Hare Krishna (1971) – HRHK was a landmark movie. Story of broken a family separates brother and sister. Brother goes with the mother and sister with the father. As years pass by the brother goes in search for his sister and he finds that her sister has addicted to drugs and bad company. Siblings were played by Dev Anand and Zeenat Aman. Famous song “Phoolon ka Taaro Ka “sung by Kishore Kumar is still popular where brother takes care of his sister.
- Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999) – Famous saying “A family that prays together stays together” impacted so many hearts. It’s about a stepbrother standing for his sister when she was in trouble. Photograph of this movie is so famous that we still copy that pose with our siblings. Four pillars of the movie were Mohnish Behl, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, and Neelam.
- Fiza (2000) – Story of an elder sister trying to save her brother from the world of crime and terrorism, this is one of the best movies that shows siblings love besides superb acting by Karishma Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan.
- Iqbal (2005) – Story about a deaf and mute boy whose dream is to become a cricketer while his sister she is her brother’s communication channel with the rest of the world. The strong role of deaf and mute was played by Shreyas Talpade while his onscreen sister was Shweta Prasad.
- Sarbjit (2016) – Based on the true story of a sister, Sarbjit who went to every extent and shocked the country by her efforts to save and protect her brother who was claimed to be terrorist by brutal hands of Pakistani police. The epic roles were played by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Randeep Hooda.
- Tubelight (2017) – Story of two brothers who grew up and their love of brotherhood gets stronger. Younger brother takes care of elder brother when kids bully him in school. I remember what I use to tell my friends when they use to bully me I know it is funny but my dialogue use to be “Mere Bhai ko bulau kya”. Role of one of the most lovable siblings was played by real-life siblings Salman Khan and Sohail Khan.
You too may have many such stories or something clicked to your mind or does Bollywood movies take you to your childhood flashback. Whatever be the reason, these movies will surely remind you of some of your childhood memories with your siblings.