Nowadays, every individual is caught in the rigmarole of everyday routines, competition, keeping up with the ever-increasing pressure at places of work, study, home, eventually leads to stress, mental fatigue, burnout a host of healthy disease and lack of healthy choice.
Health promotion is hardly talked and people are still into prevention and intervention that made some Health Activists plunge into this space of Health Promotion and healthy choice to take in.
This gave birth to the virtual group #YourHealthinYourHands formed by Dr. Bhavi Mody, a health activist who works towards creating a Healthy Lifestyle of people. It’s a facebook group with more than 5900 Health enthusiasts where each member is a health ambassador. They have a weekly Calendar wherein they talk about various aspects of healthy choice and Wellness.
Dr. Bhavi Mody is a Health Evangelist and believes in Holistic approach, where she guides on Nutrition, Lifestyle, Stress management and Homeopathy. Here are few tips healthy choice by her for a Fit & Healthy Lifestyle where she emphasizes the importance of Walk:
1. Stay Active with Exercise or Walk – Dr. Mody promote walking over any other exercise because it is the simplest, inexpensive yet effective exercise, can be done at any time, anyplace without any fancy gadgets or equipment or place. You don’t need to train to walk. Everyone knows it. One can adopt any other activity, something that you enjoy should be taken up. #LetsWalk #healthy choice
2. Eat Healthy and Nutritious – Healthy food need not be boring! She always encourages her patients and friends to cook their favorite foods. ‘Let’s put on our thinking caps, modify the Recipe a bit and you are all good’, is what she says healthy choice. She help them curate healthy recipes. Eat the right foods at the right time and don’t miss your breakfast. #LetsBreakfast
3. Hydration – Water is the elixir of life, but we end up not drinking enough. Here is a tip for you from her – with every doorbell that rings or every phone buzz or every Whatsapp sip water. #LetsSip
4. Breathe right: Mindful Breathing is therapeutic and Healing. It ensures more Oxygen reaching to all cells and impacting your health in a positive way. This can boosts your healthy habits and healthy choice#LetsBreathe
5. Sleep well: Good night’s sleep is essential to maintain your the repair of your cells and tissues take place when you sleep. Lack of sleep may lead to hypertension, Diabetes, obesity etc. Data from a recent study shows that the average Indian sleeps for just 6.5 hours a night and 46% of Indians get less than 6 hours of sleep a night. Sleep well. #LetsSleep
Anyone who follows these 5 healthy choice in life will maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle along with a calm and happy mind too.